This information applies to the application round for funding in 2022, which has now closed. Updated information will be provided shortly.
The CLS must provide an emergency management plan (EMP) for each campus which details how it will prepare for and respond to emergency situations.
The EMP must include:
- emergency services contact numbers
- names and mobile phone numbers for team members from the school with specific responsibilities in emergency situations
- a detailed description of steps to be taken in a wide range of emergency situations in order to ensure the safety of students and staff
- an area map which gives an aerial view of the campus and labels neighbouring streets, external evacuation routes from relevant school buildings, and an evacuation assembly area
- an evacuation plan showing the internal evacuation routes from all classrooms used by the school, as well as the location of fire extinguishers (where applicable), exits and the evacuation assembly area.
All CLS must use the EMP template provided below.
Downloadable File COMING SOON: CLS Emergency Management Plan Template (docx)
Instructions for submission
Please complete the EMP template for each of the school’s campuses. The document should be named “05_emergency.pdf”. Schools with more than one campus should create separate documents for each campus and should add the suburb name to the end of the filename, e.g. “05_emergency_lalor.pdf”