A school charter that outlines the CLS’s operational and administrative procedures. The charter must make clear to the reader how the CLS is structured and how it operates.
A school charter that includes:
- a. Enrolment and withdrawal policy and procedures
- b. Behaviour management policy
- c. Grievance procedure/policy (including Guidelines for Parent/Guardian complaints)
- d. Bullying prevention (including cyber bullying) policy
- e. Cyber safety policy
- f. Special needs policy
- g. Hot weather policy
- h. SunSmart policy
- i. Equal opportunity policy
- j. Information privacy and records policy (in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001)
- k. Photographing and filming students policy
- l. Visitor and parental volunteer policy
- m. Student attendance policy
- n. Student collection policy
- o. Child Safe Standards and Working with Children Check policies
- p. First aid and medical emergencies policy (including infectious diseases if delivering preschool programs).
Approved policy wording is included in a charter template which all CLS must use. CLS may tailor certain sections of the charter to suit their school context.
DOWNLOAD (docx): CLS School Charter Template (updated July 2023)
Instructions for submission
Required template: Yes, see above
Required format: Word
Required filename: 06_charter.docx